The purpose of our social media sites is to permit authorized employees of the East Brunswick Police Department to provide the public with information concerning public safety, news, events, activities, stories, photographs, and videos and to disseminate other information and material intended to increase public awareness of the Department's activities.
Our social media sites are not the forum to use to report any crime. If you have an emergency, please call 911. Please do not use our social media sites to report crime or suspicious activities.
The East Brunswick Police Department's Facebook & Instagram pages are available and open to the public for viewing and participation. However, it is a purposefully controlled online site established for a limited purpose. All postings and comments are, in addition to the terms and conditions established by Facebook and Instagram, subject to the following terms and conditions established by the East Brunswick Police Department:
By submitting or posting a comment on our Facebook and Instagram pages, you acknowledge having read, reviewed, and agreed to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
The East Brunswick Police Department's Facebook and Instagram pages are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose and topical scope of the page. Only comments consistent with the terms and conditions set forth herein by the East Brunswick Police Department and the terms and conditions set forth by Facebook will be allowed.
Consistent with the purpose of our Facebook and Instagram pages, we reserve the right to remove and/or restrict comments that are:
- Not directly related to the purpose and topical scope of the page or are unrelated to the particular post being commented upon.
- Profane, obscene, violent, or pornographic content and/or language, or sexually suggestive or explicit content links to such materials.
- Spreading false or misleading information or news.
- Undermining or misrepresenting the content on a particular post being commented upon.
- Vulgar, offensive, threatening, or harassing language, personal attacks, or accusations.
- Images or links containing child pornography.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Incitement to imminent lawless action.
- Speech presenting a grave and imminent threat.
- Fighting words or content that incites violence.
- Threats to any person or organization.
- Defamation (libel/slander).
- Solicitations to commit, or speech integral to, criminal conduct.
- Solicitations of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale.
- Promotions in favor of, or in opposition to, a candidate campaigning for election to political office.
- Copyrighted materials (if posted without the copyright holder’s consent).
- Violations of any local, state, or federal law.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Personal information, including private contact information such as names, addresses, and phone numbers, no matter how easily obtained elsewhere.
- Spamming or repetitive content, including robo-spam and comments posted by automatic software programs (known as “bots”).
Our Facebook page and its content are managed by the East Brunswick Police Department's Public Information Office. All comments posted to this page are subject to monitoring and review by the East Brunswick Police Department. The East Brunswick Police Department reserves the right to remove or prohibit postings with the content described above. Our page is not monitored 24/7. The East Brunswick Police Department will review the site and comments on a regular basis.
The East Brunswick Police Department is not responsible for, and neither endorses nor opposes, comments posted on our Facebook page by visitors to it. Commenters are personally responsible for their own comments, username, or any information they place on the page.
Comments submitted for posting, whether approved for posting or blocked, and any other content on the East Brunswick Police Department Facebook page are subject to any applicable State and/or Department policies for control, use, retention, and destruction of records. Comments submitted for posting, whether approved for posting or blocked, and any other content on the East Brunswick Police Department Facebook page may also be public records subject to the Open Public Records Act, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1, et seq.
There is no expectation of privacy in the information submitted to or posted on the East Brunswick Police Department Facebook page by an employee or any other person.