The East Brunswick Municipal Court is part of the New Jersey State Judiciary. We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
We are a court of statutory jurisdiction having authority to hear and dispose of:
- Disorderly persons offenses, petty disorderly persons offenses and other non-indictable offenses except where exclusive jurisdiction is given to the Superior Court
- Proceedings to collect a penalty where jurisdiction is granted by statute
- Violations of the fish and game laws
- Violations of motor vehicle and traffic laws (including parking violations)
- Violations of municipal ordinances
Virtual Court Information
If you are interested in participating in virtual court, please complete the form in the link below to request that your matter be scheduled. The court will review your request and schedule your matter virtually if deemed appropriate. You will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to participate. Please expect to be available for up to one hour for your virtual court hearing.
***Notice to Attorneys - You may complete the form below to request a virtual court date for your client as well as enter your appearance. Please enter your client information and office information. Please inform your client that he/she does not need to fill out this form if you have done so already. You and your client will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to participate.