N.J. Uniform Fire Code NJ.A.C. 5:70-3.1(a), F-402.
F-402.4 regarding Portable LP Gas Cooking Equipment
Portable LP-gas cooking equipment, such as barbecue grills, shall not be stored or used:
- On any porch, balcony or any other portion of a building
- Within any room or space of a building
- Within five feet of any combustible exterior wall
- Within five feet, vertically or horizontally, of an opening in any wall
- Under any building overhang
East Brunswick Township Ordinance & 102-18 General Precautions
[Added January 8, 2088 by Ordinance Number 87-894]
- Barbecue Grills: Barbecue grills shall not be located within or upon any building, or within 5 feet laterally of any building wall or overhang.
- Equipment Rooms: No storage of any kind shall be permitted within any mechanical equipment, electrical, furnace, or boiler room.
- Exception: One and two family owner occupied dwellings.
6.21 Outdoor Cooking Appliances
An outdoor cooking-gas appliance as used in this Code is a cooking appliance installed directly on a post that is provided by the manufacturer as a part of the appliance.
6.21.1 Listed Units
Listed outdoor cooking appliances shall be installed in accordance with their listing and the manufacturer's instructions.
6.21.2 Unlisted Units
Unlisted outdoor cooking appliances shall be installed outdoors with clearances to combustible material of not less than 36 inches (91 centimeters) at the sides and back and not less than 48 inches (122 centimeters) at the front. In no case shall the appliance be located under overhead combustible construction.