Social Service & Counseling
The aging process can at times be challenging. Throughout life, we may experience various loses that can be overwhelming. Please know that you are not alone. The East Brunswick Department on Aging is staffed with knowledgeable professionals eager to help you through typical predicaments related to aging, as well as the more complicated issues. The Department provides an accessible system of resources and services to help older adults maintain their independence and quality of life.
- Advocacy: The Department serves as an advocate and referral service for senior citizens to the vast array of entitlement programs such as:
- Home Energy Assistance
- Homestead Benefit and Property Tax Reimbursement
- Home Health Care
- Senior Housing
- Social Security
- East Brunswick Senior Meals: This is a joint program with the Middlesex County Office of Aging and Disabled Services. A hot meal is provided on a daily basis to home bound seniors and the disabled. A small contribution toward the meals is suggested for this program. For qualifications and other information, please call 732-390-6809.
- SHIP: Counselors with the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) are available to assist seniors in all Medicare related issues and concerns. Counseling is also available on Medicaid and other health-care assistance programs.
- Support Groups: Groups specifically for bereavement, caregivers, living alone, and other specialty groups. Please call for information.